Thursday, June 5, 2008

A few points...

- I Love Microsoft!

O.K. point of reference, I'm a UNIX system admin. Been one for almost 18 years. It's not really "Love", but man this damn HP tx2000 is wonderful!

MS Journal, Outlook (yes outlook), along with Ms One Note work really-really well.

I just got this (tx) so Linux will go on soon. But so far this is NICE.

-G-Max 685 helmet

$100! This thing is good and is worthy of the web bike world review (here).

- Ubuntu 8.04

It's not 6.04 or 7.10, they are master pieces compared to 8.04. Don't get me wrong, it's probably to best Os around, but the upgrade from 7.10 was horrible. And even after several updates Evolution is still broken (the Exchange plug-in).

But the beryl/ ComPiz effects work better. Umm... but that might be nvidia's new driver too.

- the Election

Obama should be the next Pres. Not because of "changes, and not because his economic policies are better... no he should be Pres. because he is charismatic. It's what we need right now. I like McCain, but his time was 8 years ago.

I am a conservative.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tom, I'm a fellow M2010 user and was curious if you ever solved the sound issue in linux. have you tried using the 7.1 or optical either ? Right now my desktop is plugged into a 5.1 sound system and I would be able to deal with the internal speakers not working if that did. lemme know

Anonymous said...

I didn't get sound working on my M2010, and I had to go back to vista on that system. It's only got 80gb harddrive, and I had to use Adobe's C3 suite so...

But I've got a new workstation so I'm going to move my linux installation to the M2010. This will be in the new year ( 10 days! ), so hopefully I can figure it out then.

If you find a way before then please post it here.

Thanks and sorry,

Tom